Updated June 16, 2013
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS THIS IS A BINDING CONTRACT
BY USING THE Simple2Give SOFTWARE, SERVICES AND INFORMATION ON THIS SITE OR A SIMPLE2GIVE SITE (subdomain.simple2give.com) YOU ARE ACCEPTING ANY MODIFICATION TO THIS AGREEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 2 BELOW, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND THE LEGAL ENTITY TO THIS AGREEMENT, IN WHICH CASE "YOU" SHALL MEAN SUCH ENTITY. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST NOT DOWNLOAD AND USE THE APPLICATION AND RELATED SERVICES THAT COME WITH THAT, INCLUDING FREE SERVICES
This Agreement includes the following Sections:
- The Services
- Modifications to this Agreement
- Term, Termination and Suspension
- Authorization and License to Use the Services
Acceptable Use Policy and Service Terms
License to Use Simple2Give Properties
Downtime and Service Suspensions; Security
Representations and Warranties; Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability
US Government License Rights and Export Controls
- Permitted Uses Generally
- Restricted Uses Generally
- Accounts and Keys
- The Services
The services covered by this Agreement include both free
services that Simple2Give and its affiliates (referred to together herein as
"we" or "us") make available for no fee (the "Free
Services"), and services that we make available for a fee (the
"Paid Services"). The Free Services and the Paid Services are
referred to collectively in this Agreement as the "Services."
Each Free Service and Paid Service is referred to individually as a
- Free Services. Individual users enjoy free Simple2Giev services. If you are a non-profit organization or association, please refer to the Simple2Give Services Agreement.
- Paid Services. Individual users enjoy free Simple2Giev services. If you are a non-profit organization or association, please refer to the Simple2Give Services Agreement.
- Modifications to this Agreement
You agree that we may modify this Agreement or any policy or other terms referenced in this Agreement (collectively, "Additional
Policies") at any time by posting a revised version of the Agreement
or such Additional Policy on the Simple2Give Website. The revised terms shall be
effective as follows:
- if the revised terms are (a) for any Paid Services which we are adding at
the time of the revision, (b) for Simple2Give's Partner payment system or
affiliated payment system, (c) for the Privacy Notice, (d) for the Conditions
of Use, (e) for any Application (as defined in Section 4.1.2), (f) for
any other general terms and conditions applicable to our services, web
sites or other properties, or (g) for any Free Service, then the
revised terms shall be effective upon posting (unless we expressly
state otherwise at the time of posting); and
- if the revised terms are otherwise for any then-existing Paid Services,
then the revised terms shall be effective upon the earlier to occur of
(a) fifteen (15) days after posting and (b) if we provide a mechanism
for your immediate acceptance of the revised terms, such as a
click-through confirmation or acceptance button, your acceptance.
By continuing to use Simple2Give products or receive the Services after the effective date of any revisions to this Agreement or any Additional Policies, you agree to be bound by the revised Agreement or any revised Additional Policies. It is your responsibility to check the Simple2Give Website pages regularly for changes to this Agreement or the Additional Policies, as applicable. We last modified this Agreement on the date set forth at the top of this Agreement.
Term, Termination and Suspension
- The term of this Agreement ("Term") will commence, and you may begin using the Services, once you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement by clicking the "Submit" or "Accept" buttons designed as part of the registration process for your Simple2Give Services account. The Agreement will remain in effect until terminated by you or us in accordance with this Section 3.
- Termination by You for Convenience. You may terminate this Agreement for any reason or no reason at all, at your convenience, by (i) providing us written notice of termination in accordance with Section 15 and (ii) closing your account for any Service for which we provide an account closing mechanism.
- Termination or Suspension by Us Other Than for Cause.
Termination or Suspension by Us for Cause. We may suspend your right and license to use any individual Service or any set of Services, or terminate this Agreement in its entirety (and, accordingly, your right to use all Services), for cause effective as set forth below:
- Free Services. We may suspend your right and license to use any or all Free Services and any associated Simple2Give Properties (as defined in Section 6.1 below), or, if you are only using Free Services, terminate this Agreement in its entirety (and, accordingly, cease providing all Services to you), for any reason or for no reason, at our discretion at any time, immediately upon notice to you in accordance with the notice provisions set forth in Section 15 below.
- Paid Services. We may suspend your right and license to use any or all Paid Services (and any associated Simple2Give Properties), or terminate this Agreement in its entirety (and, accordingly, cease providing all Services to you), for any reason or for no reason, at our discretion at any time by providing you sixty (60) days' advance notice in accordance with the notice provisions set forth in Section 15 below.
- Third Party Services. We may suspend your right and license to use third party services and any associated Simple2Give Properties, terminate this Agreement in its entirety (and, accordingly, cease providing all Services to you), for any reason or for no reason, at our discretion at any time, immediately upon notice to you in accordance with the notice provisions set forth in Section 15 below.
- Immediately upon our notice to you in accordance with the notice
provisions set forth in Section 15 below if:
Fifteen (15) days following our provision of notice to you in accordance with the notice provisions set forth in Section 15 below if you are in default of any payment obligation with respect to any of the Services or if any payment mechanism you have provided to us is invalid or charges are refused for such payment mechanism, and you fail to cure such payment obligation default or correct such payment mechanism problem within such 15 day period.
Five (5) days following our provision of notice to you in accordance with the notice provisions set forth in Section 15 below if you breach any other provision of this Agreement and fail, as determined by us, in our sole discretion, to cure such breach within such 5 day period.
Effect of Suspension or Termination.
- you attempt a denial of service attack on any of the Services;
- ou seek to hack or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or we otherwise determine that your use of the Services or the Simple2Give Properties poses a security or service risk to us, to any user of services offered by us, to any third party sellers on any of our websites, or to any of our or their respective customers or may subject us or any third party to liability, damages or danger;
- you otherwise use the Services in a way that disrupts or threatens the Services; (iv) you are in default of your payment obligations hereunder and there is an unusual spike or increase in your use of the Services;
- we determine, in our sole discretion, there is evidence of fraud with respect to your account;
- you use any of the Simple2Give Content (as defined in Section 6.1) or Marks (as defined in Section 6.2) other than as expressly permitted herein;
- we receive notice or we otherwise determine, in our sole discretion, that you may be using Simple2Give Services for any illegal purpose or in a way that violates the law or violates, infringes, or misappropriates the rights of any third party;
- we determine, in our sole discretion, that our provision of any of the Services to you is prohibited by applicable law, or has become impractical or unfeasible for any legal or regulatory reason; or
- subject to applicable law, upon your liquidation, commencement of dissolution proceedings, disposal of your assets, failure to continue your business, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or if you become the subject of a voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
Survival. In the event this Agreement is terminated for any reason, Sections 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 4.2, 6, 8 (with respect to payments that are accrued but unpaid at the time of termination), and 9 through 16 will survive any such termination.
Data Preservation in the Event of Suspension or Termination.
- Suspension. Upon our suspension of your use of any Services, in whole or in part, for any reason, (i) fees will continue to accrue for any Services that are still in use by you (including Premium Support), notwithstanding the suspension (including your continued storage of data under a services fee structure previously accepted by you); (ii) you remain liable for all fees, charges and any other obligations you have incurred through the date of suspension with respect to the Services; and (iii) all of your rights with respect to the applicable Services shall be terminated during the period of the suspension.
- Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason: (i) you remain liable for all fees, charges and any other obligations you have incurred through the date of termination with respect to the Services; (ii) all of your rights under this Agreement shall immediately terminate; and (iii) you shall immediately return, or if instructed by us, destroy all Simple2Give Confidential Information (as defined in Section 9 below) and return any hardware Simple2Give Properties then in your possession.
Post-Termination Assistance. Following the suspension or termination of your right to use the Services by us or by you for any reason other than a for cause termination (i.e., a termination under Section 3.2 or under Section 3.3), you shall be entitled to take advantage of any post-termination assistance we may generally make available with respect to the Services, such as data retrieval arrangements we may elect to make available. We may also endeavor to provide you unique post-suspension or post-termination assistance, but we shall be under no obligation to do so. Your right to take advantage of any such assistance, whether generally made available with respect to the Services or made available uniquely to you, shall be conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with any fees and terms we specify for such assistance.
Authorization and License to Use the Simple2Give Application and Services
- In the Event of Suspension Other Than for Cause. In the event of a suspension by us of your access to any Service for any reason other than a for cause suspension under Section 3.4.1, during the period of suspension, (i) we will not take any action to intentionally erase any of your data stored on the Services and (ii) applicable Service data storage charges will continue to accrue.
- In the Event of Termination Other Than for Cause. In the event of any termination by us of any Service or any set of Services, or termination of this Agreement in its entirety, other than a for cause termination under Section 3.4.1, (i) we will not take any action to intentionally erase any of your data stored on the Services for a period of thirty (30) days after the effective date of termination; and (ii) your post termination retrieval of data stored on the Services will be conditioned on your payment of Service data storage charges for the period following termination, payment in full of any other amounts due us, and your compliance with terms and conditions we may establish with respect to such data retrieval.
- In the Event of Other Suspension or Termination. Except as provided in Sections 3.7.1 and 3.7.2 above, we shall have no obligation to continue to store your data during any period of suspension or termination or to permit you to retrieve the same.
Subject to your acceptance of and compliance with this Agreement and with the payment requirements for the Services that are set forth on the applicable Service detail page on the Simple2Give Website (as such payment terms may be updated from time to time), we hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable right and license, in and under our intellectual property rights, to access and use the Services, solely in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Acceptable Use Policy and Service Terms
- Permitted Uses Generally.
- You may enable access and use of Your Content by your end users in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. "Your Content" means any Application, data or other content that you may (a) provide to us pursuant to this Agreement, (b) make available to any end users in conjunction with the Services, or (c) develop, or use in connection with the Services. Your Content includes, but is not limited to, software, data, and content that you or your end users upload to ours systems as a part of an Application. You are responsible for all terms and conditions applicable to Your Content.
- Restricted Uses Generally.
- You may not interfere or attempt to interfere in any manner with the
functionality or proper working of the Services.
- You may not compile or use the Simple2Give Properties or any other information obtained through the Services for the purpose of direct marketing, spamming, unsolicited contacting of sellers or customers, or other impermissible advertising, marketing or other activities, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spamming laws and regulations.
- You may not remove, obscure, or alter any notice of any Mark, or other intellectual property or proprietary right designation appearing on or contained within the Services or on any Simple2Give Properties.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may generally publicize your use of the Application or Services; however, you may not issue any press release with respect to the Services or this Agreement without our prior written consent.
- Accounts and Keys. Unless otherwise stated in an applicable service, you may only create one account per email address. Simple2Give accounts are associated with one login and password per user. When you complete the account creation process, you will be issued unique account identifiers. The Account Identifier is immutable and will always uniquely identify your Simple2Give account. Private and Public keys are for your personal use only, and you may not sell, transfer, sublicense or otherwise disclose your private key to any other party. You may use your public key in the open in requests to Simple2Give; your public key is therefore not secret. However, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and security of your private key as well. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account Identifiers, regardless of whether such activities are undertaken by you or a third party. Therefore, you should contact us immediately if you believe a third party may be using your private key, or if your private key is otherwise lost or stolen. You are responsible for maintaining up-to-date and accurate information (including contact information) for your Simple2Give account. We are not responsible for any unauthorized access to, alteration of, or the deletion, destruction, damage, loss or failure to store any of, Your Content (as defined in Section 10.2), your Applications, or other data which you submit or use in connection with your account or the Services.
- Monitoring Your Use of the Simple2Give Web Services. You agree to provide information and/or other materials related to use of our Extension and/or Applications as reasonably requested by us to verify your compliance with this Agreement. You further acknowledge and agree that, with respect to:
- Social Extensions and Applications. When it comes to offers that engage social networks, we may crawl or otherwise monitor your activity (behavior) and location for the purpose of verifying your compliance with this Agreement and to best customize this application for you. You may not seek to block or otherwise interfere with such crawling or monitoring (and we may use technical means to overcome any methods used on your site to block or interfere with our crawling or monitoring); and
- Client-Side Applications, you agree to furnish a copy of any of your client Applications upon request for the purpose of verifying your compliance with this Agreement.
You may only use the Services in accordance with this Simple2Give Agreement and the applicable Service Terms.
License to Use the Simple2Give Properties
- Simple2Give Properties. We may make available to you, for your installation, copying and/or use in connection with the Application and/or Services, from time to time, a variety of software, hardware, data and other content and printed and electronic documentation (all such materials except those specifically made available by us under separate license terms, the "Simple2Give Properties"). Subject to your acceptance of this Agreement, ongoing compliance with its terms and conditions with respect to the subject Service, and payment if and as required for your right to use the subject Service, we hereby grant to you, without the right to sublicense, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license during the Term, under our intellectual property or proprietary rights in the Simple2Give Properties, only to install, copy and use the Simple2Give Properties solely in connection with and as necessary for your use of such Services and solely to the extent in compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Simple2Give Properties may include, without limitation:
- Proprietary application programming interfaces ("APIs");
- Developer tools for use in connection with the APIs;
- Articles and documentation for use in connection with the use and
implementation of the APIs (collectively, "Documentation");
- Specifications describing the operational and functional capabilities, use
limitations, technical and engineering requirements, and testing and
performance criteria relevant to the proper use of a Service and its
related APIs and other technology;
- Textual materials made available as part of the Service ("Text Materials"); and
- Other forms of digital content, data, text, images, logos, user interface
designs and other creative designs, audio and video (with the Text
Materials and Website, collectively, "Simple2Give Content").
- Sample source code which we may make available from time to time for use in
connection with the Services ("Sample Source Code") and
libraries which we may make available from time to time for use in
connection with the Services ("Libraries") will be made
available to you under separate license that accompanies each Sample
Source Code or Library and the term "Simple2Give Properties," as
used herein, specifically excludes any Sample Source Code or Libraries
made available to you under separate license.
Except as may be expressly authorized under this Agreement:
Restrictions with Respect to Use of Marks. Your use of any trademarks, service marks, service or trade names, logos, and other designations of Simple2Give and its affiliates or licensors, hereinafter "Marks", shall strictly comply with the following provisions. You may use the Marks in conjunction with the display of the Simple2Give Content and for the purpose of indicating that your Application was created using the Simple2Give Services or Simple2Give Properties. You may use the Marks only in the form in which we make them available to you and not in any manner that disparages Simple2Give, its affiliates or its licensors, or that otherwise dilutes any Mark. Other than your limited right to use the Marks as provided in this Agreement, we and our licensors retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Marks. You will not at any time now or in the future challenge or assist others to challenge the validity of the Marks, or attempt to register confusingly similar trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos. You agree to follow our the Trademark Use Guidelines posted on the Simple2Give Web Services Trademark Guidelines page (the "Trademark Guidelines") as those guidelines may change from time to time. The Trademark Guidelines are incorporated herein by reference. You must immediately discontinue use of any Mark as specified by us at any time in writing. We may modify any Marks provided to you at any time, and upon notice, you will use only the modified Marks and not the old Marks. Other than as specified in this Agreement, you may not use any trademark, service mark, trade name or other business identifier of Simple2Give or its affiliates unless you obtain Simple2Give's or its affiliates' prior written consent. The foregoing prohibition includes the use of "Simple2Give," any other trademark of Simple2Give or its affiliates, or variations or misspellings of any of them, in the name of an Extension or Application or in a URL to the left of the top-level domain name (e.g., ".com", ".net", ".us", "co.uk", .tv, etc.)-for example, a URL such as "subdomain.simple2give.com" are expressly prohibited. Any use you make of the Marks shall inure to our benefit and you hereby irrevocably assign to us all right, title and interest in the same. In addition, you agree not to misrepresent or embellish the relationship between us and you, for example by implying that we support, sponsor, endorse, or contribute money to you or your business endeavors.
Nonexclusive Rights. The rights granted by Simple2Give in this Agreement with respect to the Simple2Give Properties, the Marks and the Services are nonexclusive, and Simple2Give reserves the right to: (i) itself act as a developer of products or services related to any of the products that you may develop in connection with the Simple2Give Properties or via your use of the Services; and (ii) appoint third parties as developers or systems integrators who may offer products or services which compete with Simple2Give or your Application.
Downtime and Service Suspensions; Security
- You may not, and may not attempt to, modify, alter, tamper with, repair,
or otherwise create derivative works of any software included in or
accessed via the Simple2Give Properties.
- You may not, and may not attempt to, reverse engineer, disassemble, or
decompile the Simple2Give Properties or the Services or apply any other
process, applications or procedure to derive the source code of any
software included in or accessed via the Simple2Give Properties, neither to
incorporate that as part of another application or to enhance a Simple2Give
- You may edit Text Materials only by deleting text from and reducing the
length of the Text Materials and only if, in doing so, you do not
materially alter the meaning of the Text Materials or cause the Text
Materials to become factually incorrect or misleading. You may not add
additional information to the Text Materials (e.g., you may not insert
words into a customer review or supplement a wish list or list with
new items). You hereby irrevocably assign to us any and all intellectual
property or proprietary rights in such edited Text Material.
- Downtime and Service Suspensions. In addition to our rights to terminate or suspend Services to you as described in Section 3 above, you acknowledge that: (i) your access to and use of the Services may be suspended for the duration of any unanticipated or unscheduled downtime or unavailability of any portion or all of the Services for any reason, including as a result of power outages, system failures or other interruptions; and (ii) we shall also be entitled, without any liability to you, to suspend access to any portion or all of the Services at any time, on a Service-wide basis: (a) for scheduled downtime to permit us to conduct maintenance or make modifications to any Service; (b) in the event of a denial of service attack or other attack on the Service or other event that we determine, in our sole discretion, may create a risk to the applicable Service, to you or to any of our other customers if the Service were not suspended; or (c) in the event that we determine that any Service is prohibited by law or we otherwise determine that it is necessary or prudent to do so for legal or regulatory reasons (collectively, "Service Suspensions"). Without limitation to Section 11.5, we shall have no liability whatsoever for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits) or any other consequences that you may incur as a result of any Service Suspension. To the extent we are able, we will endeavor to provide you email notice of any Service Suspension in accordance with the notice provisions set forth in Section 15 below and to post updates on the Simple2Give Websites regarding resumption of Services following any such suspension, but shall have no liability for the manner in which we may do so or if we fail to do so.
- Security. We strive to keep Your Content secure, but cannot guarantee that we will be successful at doing so, given the nature of the Internet. Accordingly, without limitation to Section 4.3 above and Section 11.5 below, you acknowledge that you bear sole responsibility for adequate security, protection and backup of Your Content and Applications. We strongly encourage you, where available and appropriate, to (a) use encryption technology to protect Your Content from unauthorized access, (b) routinely archive Your Content, and (c) keep your Applications or any software that you use or run with our Services current with the latest security patches or updates. We will have no liability to you for any unauthorized access or use, corruption, deletion, destruction or loss of any of Your Content or Applications.
Service Fees. In consideration of your use of any of the Paid Services, refer to the Simple2Give Services Agreement.
- Use and Disclosure. You shall not disclose Simple2Give Confidential Information during the Term or at any time during the three (3) year period following the end of the Term. As used in this Agreement, "Simple2Give Confidential Information" means all nonpublic information disclosed by us, our business partners or our or their respective agents or contractors that is designated as confidential or that, given the nature of the information or circumstances surrounding its disclosure, reasonably should be understood to be confidential. Simple2Give Confidential Information includes, without limitation, (i) nonpublic information relating to our or our business partners' technology, customers, business plans, promotional and marketing activities, finances and other business affairs (including, but not limited to, any information about or involving one of our so-called beta tests or a beta test product that you obtain as a result of your participation in such beta test), (ii) third-party information that we are obligated to keep confidential, and (iii) the nature, content and existence of any discussions or negotiations between you and us. Confidential Information does not include any information described in Section 9.2 or any information that you are required to disclose by law.
- Excluded Information. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement, you shall not have any confidentiality obligation to us under Section 9.1 above, with respect to any information provided or made available by us hereunder, and we shall not have any confidentiality or non-use obligation to you hereunder with respect to any information, software application, data or content provided or made available by you hereunder that: (i) is or becomes publicly available without breach of this Agreement; (ii) can be shown by documentation to have been known to the receiving party at the time of its receipt from the disclosing party; (iii) is received from a third party who did not acquire or disclose the same by a wrongful or tortious act; or (iv) can be shown by documentation to have been independently developed by the receiving party.
- Conflict with Separate Non-Disclosure Agreement. If you and we are parties to a separate non-disclosure agreement ("Stand-Alone NDA") and there is a conflict between the terms of the Stand-Alone NDA and the terms of this Section 9, the terms of the Stand-Alone NDA shall control.
Representations and Warranties; Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability
- Our Applications, Services and the Simple2Give Properties. Other than the limited use and access rights and licenses expressly set forth in a Simple2Give Service Agreement, we reserve all right, title and interest (including all intellectual property and proprietary rights) in and to: (ii) Simple2Give; (ii) the Products and Services associated with that name; (iii) the Simple2Give Properties; (iv) the Marks; and (v) any other technology and software that we provide or use to provide the Services and the Simple2Give Properties. You do not, by virtue of this Agreement or otherwise, acquire any ownership interest or rights in the Services, the Simple2Give Properties, the Marks, or other technology and software (including third party technology and software), except for the limited use and access rights described in this Agreement.
- Your Applications, Data and Content. Other than the rights and interests expressly set forth in this Agreement, and excluding Simple2Give Properties and works derived from Simple2Give Properties, you reserve all right, title and interest (including all intellectual property and proprietary rights) in and to: (i) content and data you may send to us or use as part of your use of any Extensions, Applications and Services, including the services and application of our affiliates, which are designed by us to permit you to execute certain transactions, send content or data to us ("Your Content"); and (ii) your Applications.
- Feedback. In the event you elect, in connection with any of the Services, to communicate to us suggestions for improvements to the Services, the Simple2Give Properties or the Marks (collectively, "Feedback"), we shall own all right, title, and interest in and to the same, even if you have designated the Feedback as confidential, and we shall be entitled to use the Feedback without restriction. You hereby irrevocably assign all right, title and interest in and to the Feedback to us and agree to provide us such assistance as we may require to document, perfect, and maintain our rights to the Feedback.
- Non-Assertion. During and after the term of the Agreement, with respect to any of the Services that you elect to use, you will not assert, nor will you authorize, assist, or encourage any third party to assert, against us or any of our customers, end users, vendors, business partners (including third party sellers on websites operated by or on behalf of us), licensors, sublicensees or transferees, any patent infringement or other intellectual property infringement claim with respect to such Services.
- Use of the Services. You represent and warrant that you will not use the Extensions, Applications, the Services, Simple2Give Properties and/or your Application and Your Content: (i) in a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any rights of us or any third party; (ii) to engage in spamming or other impermissible advertising, marketing or other activities, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spamming laws and regulations, including, without limitation, the CAN SPAM Act of 2003; (iii) in any manner that constitutes or facilitates the illegal export of any controlled or otherwise restricted items, including, without limitation, software, algorithms or other data that is subject to export laws; and/or (iv) in a way that is otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including, without limitation, in a manner that might be libelous or defamatory or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Applications and Content. You represent and warrant: (i) that you are solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your Application and for Your Content, including without limitation, the accuracy, security, appropriateness and completeness of Your Content and all product-related materials and descriptions; (ii) that you have the necessary rights and licenses, consents, permissions, waivers and releases to use and display your Application and Your Content; (iii) that neither your Application nor Your Content (a) violates, misappropriates or infringes any rights of us or any third party, (b) constitutes defamation, invasion of privacy or publicity, or otherwise violates any rights of any third party, or (c) is designed for use in any illegal activity or promotes illegal activities, including, without limitation, in a manner that might be libelous or defamatory or otherwise malicious, illegal or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; (iv) that neither your Application nor Your Content contains any Harmful Components; and (v) to the extent to which you use any of the Marks, that you will conduct your business in a professional manner and in a way that reflects favorably on the goodwill and reputation of Simple2Give.
- Public Software and Feedback. You represent and warrant that you will not use, and will not authorize any third party to use, any Public Software in connection with the Services in any manner that requires, pursuant to the license applicable to such Public Software, that any Simple2Give Properties or Services be (a) disclosed or distributed in source code form, (b) made available free of charge to recipients, or (c) modifiable without restriction by recipients. With respect to any Feedback, you represent and warrant that such Feedback, in whole or in part, contributed by or through you, (i) contains no third party software or any software that may be considered Public Software and (ii) does not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party. "Public Software" means any software, documentation or other material that contains, or is derived (in whole or in part) from, any software, documentation or other material that is distributed as free software, open source software (e.g., Linux) or similar licensing or distribution models, including, but not limited to software, documentation or other material licensed or distributed under any of the following licenses or distribution models, or licenses or distribution models similar to any of the following: (i) GNU's General Public License (GPL), Lesser/Library GPL (LGPL), or Free Documentation License, (ii) The Artistic License (e.g., PERL), (iii) the Mozilla Public License, (iv) the Netscape Public License, (v) the Sun Community Source License (SCSL), (vi) the Sun Industry Standards License (SISL), (vii) the BSD License and (viii) the Apache License.
- Authorization and Account Information. You represent and warrant that: (i) the information you provide in connection with your registration for the Services is accurate and complete; (ii) if you are registering for the Services as an individual, that you are at least 18 years of age and have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement; and (iii) if you are registering for the Services as an entity or organization, (a) you are duly authorized to do business in the country or countries where you operate, (b) the individual clicking "Accept" on this Agreement and completing the registration for the Services meets the requirements of subsection (ii) above and is an authorized representative of your entity, and (c) your employees, officers, representatives and other agents accessing the Services are duly authorized to access the Services and to legally bind you to this Agreement and all transactions conducted under your account.
- 11.5. Disclaimers. Simple2Give PROPERTIES, THE MARKS, THE SERVICES AND ALL TECHNOLOGY, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, CONTENT, IMAGES, MATERIALS AND OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US OR OUR LICENSORS IN CONNECTION THEREWITH (COLLECTIVELY THE "SERVICE OFFERINGS") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". WE AND OUR LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OFFERINGS. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE AND OUR LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE AND OUR LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OFFERINGS WILL FUNCTION AS DESCRIBED, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE DATA YOU STORE WITHIN THE SERVICE OFFERINGS WILL BE SECURE OR NOT OTHERWISE LOST OR DAMAGED. WE AND OUR LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, POWER OUTAGES, SYSTEM FAILURES OR OTHER INTERRUPTIONS, INCLUDING THOSE THAT AFFECT THE RECEIPT, PROCESSING, ACCEPTANCE, COMPLETION OR SETTLEMENT OF ANY PAYMENT SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR FROM ANY THIRD PARTY OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- Your Applications are Your Responsibility. In addition to the foregoing, we specifically disclaim all liability, and you shall be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your Application (including any Bundled Application) and for all materials that appear on or within your Application and you agree that you shall, without limitation, be solely responsible for:
- the technical operation of your Application and all related
- the accuracy and appropriateness of any materials posted on or
within your Application (including, among other things, any product-related
- ensuring that any materials posted on your site or within your Application are not illegal and do not promote illegal activities, including without limitation any activities that might be libelous or defamatory or otherwise malicious, illegal or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- any of your users' or customers' claims relating to your
Application or any Services utilized in connection with your Application;
- your election to utilize sample code and libraries that may be made available on the Simple2Give Website, many of which may be provided by third parties and many of which we have not tested or screened in any way.
- Links. The Simple2Give Website and/or the Services may contain links to websites that are not under our control ("Third Party Sites"). We are not responsible for the contents or functionality of any Third Party Sites or any website that can be accessed via links on any Third Party Site. We provide these links to you as a convenience and the inclusion of any such links does not constitute or imply our endorsement or validation of any Third Party Site.
- Limitations of Liability. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY SUCH DAMAGES RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES; OR (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT. IN ANY CASE, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO US HEREUNDER FOR THE SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
US Government License Rights; Import and Export Compliance
- General. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our affiliates and licensors, each of our and their business partners (including third party sellers on websites operated by or on behalf of us) and each of our and their respective employees, officers, directors and representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, penalties, fines, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees), arising out of or in connection with any claim arising out of (i) your use of the Application and Services and/or Simple2Give Properties in a manner not authorized by this Agreement, and/or in violation of the applicable restrictions, and/or applicable law, (ii) your Application, Your Content, or the combination of either with other applications, content or processes, including but not limited to any claim involving infringement or misappropriation of third-party rights and/or the use, development, design, manufacture, production, advertising, promotion and/or marketing of your Application and/or Your Content, (iii) your violation of any term or condition of this Agreement or any applicable Additional Policies, including without limitation, your representations and warranties, or (iv) you or your employees' or personnel's negligence or willful misconduct.
- Notification. We agree to promptly notify you of any claim subject to indemnification; provided that our failure to promptly notify you shall not affect your obligations hereunder except to the extent that our failure to promptly notify you delays or prejudices your ability to defend the claim. At our option, you will have the right to defend against any such claim with counsel of your own choosing (subject to our written consent) and to settle such claim as you deem appropriate, provided that you shall not enter into any settlement without our prior written consent and provided that we may, at any time, elect to take over control of the defense and settlement of the claim.
- U.S. Government License Rights. All Services provided to the U.S.
Government are provided under the commercial license rights and
restrictions generally applicable under this Agreement.
- Import and Export Compliance and Restrictions. You shall, in
connection with your use of the Services or the Simple2Give Properties, comply
with all applicable import, export and re-export control laws and
regulations of any country, including the U.S. Export Administration
Regulations, the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Council
Regulation (EC) No 428/2009 on the control of exports of dual-use items and
technology, and country-specific economic sanctions programs or embargoes
adopted against countries or individuals under any applicable national or
international legislation, including any measures implemented by the U.S.
Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, we may seek injunctive or other relief in any state, federal, or national court of competent jurisdiction for any actual or alleged infringement of Simple2Give's or any third party's intellectual property and/or proprietary rights. Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to the Simple2Give Website or to products or services sold or distributed by Simple2Give or its affiliates in which the aggregate total claim for relief sought on behalf of one or more parties exceeds $1,000 shall be adjudicated in any state or federal court in Delaware, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. You further acknowledge that our rights in the Simple2Give Properties are of a special, unique, extraordinary character, giving them peculiar value, the loss of which cannot be readily estimated and may not be adequately compensated for in monetary damages.
- Governing Law. By using the Services, you agree that the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, will govern this Agreement and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and us. The parties expressly exclude application of the United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods to this Agreement.
- To You. Except as otherwise set forth herein, notices made by us to you under this Agreement that affect our customers generally (e.g., notices of amended Agreements, updated fees, etc.) will be posted on the Simple2Give Website or you will be notified by email or both. Notices made by us under this Agreement for you or your account specifically (e.g., notices of breach and/or suspension) will be provided to you via the email address provided to us in your registration for the Services or in any updated email address you provide to us in accordance with standard account information update procedures we may provide from time to time. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current and you will be deemed to have received any email sent to any such email address, upon our sending of the email, whether or not you actually receive the email.
- To Us. For notices made by you to us under this Agreement and for questions regarding this Agreement or the Services, you may contact Simple2Give as follows: customerservice@Simple2Give.com
- Language. All communications and notices to be made or given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in the English language.
- Third Party Activities. If you authorize, assist, encourage or
facilitate another person or entity to take any action related to the
subject matter of this Agreement, you shall be deemed to have taken the
- Severability. If any portion of this Agreement is held by a court of
competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining
portions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect, and any
invalid or unenforceable portions shall be construed in a manner that most
closely reflects the effect and intent of the original language. If such
construction is not possible, the provision will be severed from this
Agreement, and the rest of the Agreement shall remain in full force and
- Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any provision of this Agreement
shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such
provision nor in any way affect our right to enforce such provision
thereafter. All waivers by us must be in writing to be effective.
- Successors and Assigns. This Agreement will be binding upon, and
inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement incorporates by reference all
policies and guidelines posted on the Simple2Give Website, including all
Additional Policies, and constitutes the entire agreement between you and
us regarding the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior or
contemporaneous representation, understanding, agreement, or communication
between you and us, whether written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
No Endorsement. You understand and acknowledge that we are not
certifying nor endorsing, and have no obligation to certify or endorse, any
of your Applications or Your Content.
- Relationship. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to or does create
any type of joint venture, creditor-debtor, escrow, partnership or any
employer/employee or fiduciary or franchise relationship between you and us
(or any of our affiliates).